In Excel you can easily fill in a column with a list of values.
Some times also in Emacs you my need to write down a bunch of similar code.
The dotimes function with the “elsp eval”
M-x : (Esc + : on windooze)
will solve your trouble easily.
Try out this code on scratch buffer:
(dotimes (i 15) (insert (format "Guys born on %04d will be %02d years old on 2017 \n" (+ 1970 i) (- 2017 (+ 1970 i)) )))
and live happy
Also, in a regexp replace you can use the ‘ \, ‘ syntax to push an elisp expression:
For instance enter \,(1+ #1), where , indicates that an elisp form to substitute follows, 1+ is an increment function, and #1 is the first captured match text, interpreted as a number.
Example of camel case transformer:
Replace regexp: \(\w\)\(\w+\)Value(
Replace regexp with: get\,(upcase \1)\2(
In Italian language we have accent words like àèéìòù
They are quite important because for instance “is” is spelled
whereas “and” is spelled
Accent are bad guys even today: if you copy them from MS-Word inside an Oracle sql script you can end up with different UTF-8 values.
Also the accent are likely to be destroyed if you past them in your html page without using the correct html entity (i.e. è )
Sometimes you need to export the data inserted with accent: an Oracle Virtual column can be an elegant solution….if you have at least Oracle 11g.
Also a magic update can fix some nasty problems….here the solution:
ALTER TABLE TEST_TABLE ADD( NAME_NORMALIZED generated
( REPLACE( REPLACE( REPLACE( REPLACE( REPLACE( REPLACE(
A new version of an Arduino Realtime OS is on the go:
I have used with profit and fun NilRTOS, and I strongly suggest to you this new variant.
A preemptive multi tasking RTOS in a 2KB 1-MIPS, 8 bit microcontroller remember be the ugly time when a MS-Windows 3.x with 1 MB of RAM was an inferior operative system no-preemptive at all, but with nice software like Excel and Access
Beauty (OrgMode Parser 0.1.3) is here to stay!
OrgMode parser is a small nodeJS library to parse Emacs OrgMode files (more info at this link).
This version features:
- Fixed empty header issue
- Code Cleanup
- Migration from jade to pug2 (new name of jade)
- Added optional logging framework (winston)
Also I’d like to thank all the people contributed: I have a list now.
On some environment, on some customers, Oracle connections are drop after some idle time (i.e. 2 minutes).
I have found a small plugin for Sql Developer to solve this issue: it is very handy and logs its usage. Code is also very clean