Gioorgi.com aims to built a professional site, highly focused on business-applied research, and on economic forces driving IT.
Altrougth Gioorgi.com seems simple, it is carefully designed.
Gioorgi is structured to be easy to surf, and offers a whole set of feature to be a pleasure to read:
- articles are short
- new articles are about 1-2 per week, published every Monday.
- the “Related links” box is fine tuned to be meaningful, and often monitored by the editorial board
- a powerful set of anti spam keeps the site clean and polite. We are different from other sites.
- The look and feel of the page is auto-resizable, based on your display size.
- A strong caching system offers stunning performance for reference and link. We are hosted on a very good hosting provider, all based on best web technologies out of there.
Yes, we are slashdot-proof guys!
The reason of all of this effort is simple: Gioorgi.com wants also to be fun to read. For this reason, humor is the most used tags, and about 1/3th of the articles try to have some funny jokes inside, avoiding to be too nerd.
The editorial policies is based on these mainstreams:
- the Monday-based posts are scheduled about one month before, and reviewed by the Chief Editor before publishing
- Friday relaxing news are short review of smart&original sites out of there
- the mid-weeks posts are breaking news, often shorter then Monday articles. They are updated by editorial comments during the day or the forthcoming week. Also special articles on a topic are published in a different day. Obama election is an example of such short articles.
This simple schema guarantee the reader about the freshness of the site, without overelming news with little importance.