Random list of very interesting projects (will be updated, guys).
I will add my own ideas/impression as soon as possible.
From simpler to more complex stuff:
- sqlite-utils is a rather useful tool for managing SQLite databases, importing structured data and manipulating them from the command line
- A simple approach to use json, virtual column and indexes to get NoSQL features on SQLite
- Full text search FTS5
- Tools from datasette ecosystem (like DogSheep)
Litestream is a standalone streaming replication tool for SQLite. It runs as a background process and safely replicates changes incrementally to another file or S3. Litestream only communicates with SQLite through the SQLite API so it will not corrupt your database.
- Dqlite (distributed SQLite) extends SQLite across a cluster of machines, with automatic failover and high-availability to keep your application running. It uses C-Raft, an optimised Raft implementation in C, to gain high-performance transactional consensus and fault tolerance while preserving SQlite’s outstanding efficiency and tiny footprint.
- Xlite: Query Excel and Open Document spreadsheets as SQLite virtual tables
A lot of tools, from plugin like Xlite to command line export tools.
Extra feature you can find useful:
- STRICT TABLES
SQLite uses duck-typing and it is very “elastic” on typing. Anyway in the more recent versions you can enable a “STRICT” typing, which does not work on date types, but can help to avoid mixing integer, real and strings in the same column…. see https://www.sqlite.org/stricttables.html