To try Jython support:
- download brasil 1.2 and install Jython 2.5 alpha 3.
- Download and install Java JDK 1.5 or higher.
We have done our test with Jdk 1.6
- But be sure to have at least 1Gb of RAM, adding -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m to the launch line of jython.bat and then try something like:
Because Jython is still in alpha stage, report every bugs leaving a comment below. For production use is still higly suggested to stick with python 2.5
- At the time of writing, Jython version uses about 230MB of RAM to work properly. The memory seems to grow, and this is a bit strange.
- Because Jython interpreter is still in alpha stage, overall performance are sub optimal, so avoid to compare it. In detail, please ignore MB/Sec.
- Standard output does not behave like the python 2.5 version, anyway the script works fine.
- Performance on JDK 1.6
At the time of writing jython seems about 40% slower, which is a good result considering all the zipping logic is written in python.